(click photos to enlarge)
Laying in bed a few days ago, I looked up and had this instant thought, “My lamp would make a great North Pole!” Not sure how I thought of it, but I’m glad I did! So now I’ll show you what I did to create this look! You can probably use other materials or such, but this is how I did it. 🙂
What You’ll Need:
- Lamp with more than one light
- Red & White Streamers
- Red Paint (optional)
- Construction Paper
Step by Step – Post:
- Completely cover the lamp with red streamer. Tape down as needed to hold in place.
- Go over the red with the white streamer at a diagonal angle. (I had to fold my streamer in half for this step so it wouldn’t overlap.) Tape down as needed.
- Paint over the tape in red so it won’t stand out as bad. (Optional)
Step by Step – Sign:
- Cut out a sign with construction paper. (I chose red in the shape of an arrow).
- Write North Pole
- Add any extra designs as you wish.
- Poke two holes at the top and string yarn through.
- Extra: If you have several lights you can hang different signs or you can attach different signs together saying “Santa’s Workshop,” “Reindeer Barn,” “Elf Workshop,” “Santa’s House,” etc.
Step by Step – Finish:
- Attach sign to lower light.
- Add snow. For this I used crumpled up white streamer. Tape down as needed.
There you go! It’s very simple and very cute!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Stay tuned for more fun arts and crafts!