(click photos to enlarge)
Before the new year I noticed a fad of people wanting to get a jar and fill it with happy things that happen throughout the year, and look back on it at the end of the year. Being that I struggle and lot and tend to be a bit on the negative side, I thought it was an excellent idea and would allow me to appreciate the little things. But, being an artist, I could not just settle for any plain Mason jar (as fitting as that may be) so I decided to do something cute I could stand to stare at everyday. 🙂
What I Used:
- Rectangle Shatterproof Jar
- Purple and Green Ribbons
- Fake Purple Calla Lily
- Wrap the purple ribbon around the jar, tie knot.
- Weave green ribbon loosely around purple ribbon.
- Tie very carefully or else it would close the space and cover the purple.
- Cut the stem off the Calla Lily.
- Slip the Calla Lily into the ribbon.
- Tie a purple bow around the flower.
Very simple but adorable way to spice up a happy jar. I chose my favorite colors and favorite flower, and won’t have to look at a plain jar every day! 🙂
Have a very happy year everyone!